Charcoal Masks: Do They Work?
These days, social media is exploding with trendy charcoal products. From charcoal pizza crusts to charcoal tooth pastes to charcoal ice cream, consumers just can't get enough of the charcoal trend. The latest and greatest development in the charcoal sensation is charcoal face masks. While health and beauty magazines have been encouraging readers to use face scrubs and cleansing masks for decades, the charcoal mask has won itself a spot above the rest. That is because charcoal masks do so much more than simply smoothing the skin and ridding it of blemishes. Charcoal contains special properties that allow charcoal masks to pull the dirt and grime from out of your pores, leaving your skin clean and unblemished in just a matter of minutes! Read on to discover more about the revolutionary technology of the charcoal mask- because, after all, blackheads are out, and charcoal is so so in.
What Is a Charcoal Mask?
A charcoal mask is a face mask made up of activated charcoal, a deep black, mineral rich, naturally occurring pure element. The charcoal mask can be applied to your face as a sort of cream, a peel, a powder, or a scrub. The most popular type of charcoal mask is the creamy charcoal mask, because it is the easiest to apply, and the least messy to use.
Charcoal masks are naturally detoxifying, purifying products. That is because activated charcoal itself naturally possesses exceptional healing properties. (Please note: activated charcoal is different from the charcoal used in the backyard BBQ! It has undergone a heating process that removes the toxins and chemicals that are harmful to human skin, and purifies its detoxifying properties. So please, do not rub BBQ charcoal upon your face!) Activated charcoal has a negative electric charge that attracts positively charged toxins and grime to bond with it. This means that a charcoal mask targets all those toxins and chemicals that build up inside of your pores over the course of a day- that is correct, all of those pesky black heads that ruin your complexion. Because the toxins are attracted to the charcoal mask, they slip out of your pores and onto the mask, leaving your face black head free!
One type of extra impressive charcoal mask is the Astrid Skin Solution. This charcoal mask is truly revolutionary, as it is the first face mask to be able to unclog your pores and remove black heads from your skin in just a matter of minutes- no joke! The Astrid Skin Solution charcoal mask is a creamy charcoal mask that comes in a very easy to use squeeze bottle format. While this charcoal mask product is not designed to create or prevent any diseases, it is designed to help you unlock your most confident self- and it does the job.
How To Make A Charcoal Mask
Maybe charcoal masks do not fit into your budget, or perhaps you are simply an individual who really enjoys a good old DIY. Luckily, charcoal masks are super easy to make yourself, right at home. Simply follow these steps and you will be on your way to creating an effective, awesome homemade charcoal mask. Start by gathering your ingredients.
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of betonies clay
- 1 capsule of activated charcoal
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (the raw organic kind is the best for this detoxifying recipe)
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
Then, proceed to do the following:
Put the clay, charcoal powder, apple cider vinegar in to a small bowl. Stir the ingredients together to combine them. If the mixture seems to be a little bit too dry, add a tiny bit of water and continue to stir. You can continue to add a little bit of water to the mixture, until you have reached the consistency you most prefer. Then, simply apply the mixture- it has become an effective charcoal face mask!
How To Use A Charcoal Mask
Although charcoal masks exceed the detoxifying powers of the average face masks, when it comes down to application, they are similar to the majority of face masks on today’s market. A charcoal mask is easily applied by doing the following:
- Make sure that you have a clean, make up free face. Sometimes it is best to give your face a quick wash with some water and or soap, in order to rid it of any products or sweat. If you do choose to wash your face, just make sure to dry it gently before applying your charcoal mask.
- With clean hands, apply your charcoal mask across your clean face, spreading it across the skin in an even layer. Make sure not to apply the charcoal thicker than is necessary- putting more on will not improve the charcoal mask’s effectiveness. Remember that only the charcoal that is touching your skin will be able to remove the blackheads from your pores.
- After applying the charcoal mask, wash your hands. If you are using a charcoal mask that you made yourself at home following the directions above, make sure to clean out your glass bowl after usage.
- Leave your charcoal mask on your face for about ten minutes. After the ten minutes are up, remove the mask from your face by washing it with warm water and a cloth.
- Notice how your skin has, seemingly magically, been rid of all of the black heads that were clouding your complexion just moments ago! That is the power of the charcoal mask.
- Moisturize your skin as per your normal routine.
The Dangers of the Peel Off Charcoal Blackhead Face Mask
As mentioned above, charcoal face masks come in a variety of formats. One such format is the peel off charcoal blackhead face mask. The problem with the peel off charcoal mask is that it can be dangerous. That is because peel off charcoal face masks are made of glue as well as charcoal- that is correct: glue. Glue is a powerful adhesive, and if you peel it off of a surface, it takes that surface with it. When you peel off a charcoal face mask such as this, you are quite literally peeling off the top layer of skin that covers your face. Yes, the peel off charcoal mask will remove black heads, but it will also remove the oils your skin needs in order to maintain a healthy balance. Steering clear of peel off charcoal masks, and opting for masks such as the harmless Astrid Skin Solution, are your best bet in order to achieve optimal skin health.
When it comes to face masks, a charcoal mask is by far your best bet for clear, clean skin. If you need to get rid of those pesky blackheads quickly before an event, try the Astrid Skin Solution: I, personally, have never encountered a quicker, more effective way to effectively remove all of those annoying black heads, and I don't just say that lightly!